Thursday, April 2, 2009

Destination Key West, FL


In January I second shot a wedding in Key West, Florida for Rachel Hadiashar of MERGEweddings.com. The shot above is one of my many favs that I shot during the day.

This was my first wedding since attending the One Light workshop and I was excited for the opportunity as a second shooter to play around artistically. The 580exII was placed behind the group of guys. I told them to puff a bunch of smoke up into the air - I guess they got a little loopy from it all because they all had some great expressions! I fired my camera and triggered the flash with a remote device called a Pocket Wizard. My white balance was set for the ambient light coming from the street lamp to my left making the flash appear blue.

This shot is pretty much right out of the camera... I added a bit of sharpening to crispen it up a bit.

I will be posting more of my favorites from this wedding soon... I just think this one deserved it's own post.

Thanks Rachel for having me along on this destination wedding!

3 comments:

  1. Love this shot! The expressions are priceless. By the way, I love your site. If I was getting married again, I'd be sure to give you a call!

    W

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!