Saturday, January 5, 2008

Wrapping up 2007 in Beantown!

©2007 Gwyneth Collen Photography

This image was taken by Gwyn outside Old North Church near the Paul Revere statue on Boston's North End. This dog tag memorial represents one dog tag for every US soldier who sacrificed their life in Afghanistan and Iraq.


Happy New Year!

I'm finally able to blog about my amazing trip to Boston. The day I flew out I was able to bum around the city and take photos of all the wonderful eye candy. Let me tell you, as an Art History Major emphasis in architecture I was in HEAVEN!!! From the details on the doors of buildings to the way things were decorated for the holidays, every little thing made me smile and thank God that I was able to be there.

I flew into Boston on the evening of December 29. This was the first trip I have taken with all my gear. It was actually a breeze to get through security and carry my case through the airport. Gwyn picked me up at the airport and we talked "shop" all the way to her house in New Hampshire. The next morning the little sweetie made homemade pancakes for breakfast! After a quick gear check we loaded up the car and headed to downtown Boston.

Once we found our parking ramp ;-) we sought out the nearest Starbucks - we probably passed about 10 Dunkin' Donuts on the way! Once we had our caffeine and food we went up to the 33rd floor of 60 State Street. I don't know how many times I said the word "wow" after walking off that elevator. The venue was insane (new buzz word learned from Gwyn) and the views were the best of Boston.

Soon after we arrived and did a quick location scout we met the bride then the groom. This was the first wedding I ever shot where the bride and groom saw each other before the ceremony. The look on their faces when they first laid eyes on each other was priceless. The bride and groom were so relaxed in their pre-ceremony photos and during the ceremony. I love the idea of getting the jitters out of the way by seeing each other before the ceremony!

Everything about this wedding was top-notch. During the cocktail hour they had a performance artist that handed out fortunes to the wedding guests. The bride and groom had a personal waiter/assistant supplied by the venue. The woman always had a drink or an hors de oeuvres platter in hand for the bride and groom. She always knew where they where at all times - this was a big help for us because the State Room had two levels.

In all I was very honored to capture this special day for the bride and groom. I am currently processing files from the wedding and the engagement session I did. I will post more soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!